Introduction: God's plan of salvation has seven facts. Let us study them carefully. Remember this is God's and not man's.
I. IT IS A FACT THAT GOD LOVE YOU. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
A. The little word "so" shows the magnitude of God's love. Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
1. God loved the whole world, but He also love you as an individually. Now let us read John 3:16 and Romans 5:8, and insert your name into these verses. God so loved _____________ God commendeth His love toward _____________.
B. God made His Son to become sin that you might be made the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
C. Calvary is the proof of God's love, Christ was made sin that God hates, that you _________ might become what God loves.
D. Christ not only loves you __________ He also wants to save you ___________. Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. Have the person admit God loves them before moving to the next point.
II. IT IS A FACT THAT YOU ARE A SINNER. Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
A. What is sin?
1. Sin the transgression of the Law. 1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
2. Sin is unbelief; it calls God a liar. 1 John 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
3. Sin is active rebellion against God. Isaiah 1:2 Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: for the LORD hath spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me.
4. Sin is passive rebellion against God. Isaiah 1:2 Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: for the LORD hath spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me.
5. All unrighteousness is sin. 1 John 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.
B. God who cannot lie said: "all have sinned." All includes you _________________. Have the person admit they are a sinner before moving to the next point.
III. IT IS A FACT THAT YOU ARE NOW DEAD IN YOUR SIN. Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
A. Now that you __________ have admit you are a sinner. God would have you __________. That the wages of sin is death.
B. You ___________ dead in your sins until you accept Christ as your personal Saviour. Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; (The word quickened means made alive).
C. What is death?
1. Death is spiritual separation. Isa 59:1-2 Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:
2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.
2. Death is physical separation; it separates soul, spirit and body. Eccl 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
Matt 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
1 Thess 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
D. Death is eternal separation. If you ______ die lost you will the judgment of God at the great white throne. Revelation 20:11-15 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Have the person admit they are dead in their sins before moving to the next point.
IV IT IS A FACT THAT CHRIST DIED FOR YOU. Romans 5:6-8 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
A. Christ died for those who are unlike God, that includes you _____________. 2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
1 Peter 1:18-19 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
B. In the light of these wonderful Scriptures, will you now thank God for His wonderful love in sending His Son to die for your sins in His own body on the cross, and admit to yourself that: "Christ died on Calvary for me" _______________.
V. IT IS A FACT THAT YOU CAN BE SAVED BY FAITH IN THE LORD JESUS CHRIST. Acts 16:30-31 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
A. This is the question asked by the Philippian jailer and the answer given by Paul.
B. People are saved by believing the Gospel. Paul gives the Gospel in: 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
C. The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation. Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
D. Salvation comes by believing and confessing. Salvation is neither difficult nor distance. Romans 10:8-10 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
VI. IT IS A FACT THAT YOU CAN BE SAVED AND KNOW IT. 1 John 5:10-13 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
A. Every born again child has a threefold proof that they are saved.
1. First there is the inward proof, my personal faith in Christ. 1 John 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
2. Second there is the out going proof. Every that loveth. is born of God. 1 John 4:7-11 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
a. This love comes from God. Romans 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
3. There is the out ward proof of the new birth. 1 John 2:29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.
2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
B. If you ___________ do not have three fold proof of the new birth now is the time to get it.
VII. IT IS A FACT THAT NOW YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD AND YOU ARE TO OBEY HIM. Acts 5:29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
A. There are at least six things the new convert should do.
1. Unite with a New Testament Bible preaching Church. Acts 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
2. Follow the Lord in believers baptism. Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
3. Join a Sunday school class and study the Word of God with God's children. 2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
4. Faithfully attend the worship service of your Church. Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
5. Be a faithful steward. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
a. As a faithful steward you will pay God His Tithe (ten per cent of all you make).
Malachi 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
6. Make time in your daily life to read the Word of God and pray.